When it comes to decorating a room, lighting is everything. So to elevate the design in guest bedroom makeover, I headed over to my one-stop-shop for lighting and more, Lamps Plus. They make shopping for lighting easy. The sconces over the small nightstands saved valuable space, so those stayed original to the room, but the rest of the light fixtures are new. Below are all the options that caught my eye: ceiling lighting, flush mount lighting, lamps for the dresser, and floor lamps. Let’s dig into beautiful bedroom lighting ideas.
Bedroom Ceiling Light Fixtures
Although I’d love to install pendant lighting over the bed, the room is just too small. Any guest would most definitely bonk their head. While scoping out flush mount lighting, I stumbled upon semi-flush mount lighting. Hmmmmm, this could be the fix I need.
- 15″ Wide Angle Brass Ceiling Lamp
- White Flower Ceiling Lamp
- Key West Flush Mount Light
- 20″ Semi-Flush Wide Ceiling Lamp
- 14″ Black and Brass Ceiling Light
- Scalloped Shade Ceiling Light
- Amber Detailed Ceiling Light
- Cross Bar Brass Ceiling Light
- Black Graphite Bronze Flush Mount
- Brass Band Ceiling Lamp
- Scalloped Brass Flush Mount Light
- Black Cube Ceiling Light
- Gold Wired Ceiling Rug
- Antique Gold Leaf Semi-Flush Mount
- Brass Star Ceiling Light
Ultimately, this is what I chose for the lighting over the bed…are you ready for this because it’s literally the first time I’ve shown this much of the space! EEEEEK, so exciting! I say that because I used A LOT of color and really pushed myself to design outside of the box.
I told you it was a whole lotta color!
The Boy thought installing this ceiling light would be a rough ride, but he only got poked by a leaf once, so Imma call that a win! Here’s the quick video detailing how we swapped this beauty out for the boring old boob light. If electrical intimidates you, hopefully, this will convince you to give it a go and not get zapped.
More Bedroom Lighting Ideas — Table Lamps
While shopping for the ceiling light fixtures, I got a few more bedroom lighting ideas. Yes, a beautiful table lamp on the dresser was a no-brainer, but a floor lamp could be layered into the mix as well. IN other words, you can never have too much lighting. It’s the sparkly jewelry of home decor!
- Black Hammered Pot Bronze Table Lamp
- Indigo and Gray Brushstrokes Table Lamp
- Matte Black and Terracotta Table Lamp
- Blue Green Ocean Life Table Lamp
- Walnut and Cream Table Lamp
- Tricorn Black Table Lamp with Brass Base (comes in multiple colors)
- Black and White Tribal Sketch Table Lamp
- Black Jar Accent Table Lamp
- Vertical Striatic Ceramic Table Lamp
- White Urchin Coastal Table Lamp
- Crumble Cream and Black Table Lamp
- Matte Black Candlestick Table Lamp
- Black Terracotta Table Lamp
- Ivory and Black Geometric Table Lamp
- Rustic Jar Table Lamp
- Drippy Bronze Table Lamp
- Shell Table Lamp
- Matte White Sculptural Table Lamp
- Brown Glass Table Lamp
- Porcelain Flower Table Lamp
So many pretty kitties to choose from. See why I said Lamps Plus is my one-stop shop? Ultimately I went with this black lamp.
Floor Lamps For The Bedroom
Now let’s really start to layer lighting by adding in a floor lamp. Here are a few that caught my eye.
- Matte Black Banded Shade Floor Lamp
- Brown Sculpted Faux Wood Floor Lamp
- Antique Brass Floor Lamp
- Bronze Finish Floor Lamp
- Brass Modern Tripod Floor Lamp
- Thin Metal Framed Aged Iron Floor Lamp
- White Plaster Base Floor Lamp
- Black Metal Tripod Floor Lamp
- Bronze Cast Floor Lamp
- Bronze Column Floor Lamp with Dome Base Floor Lamp
- Black Fishbone Floor Lamp
- Contemporary Metal Floor Lamp
- White Wash Wood Floor Lamp
- Modern Brass and Walnut Floor Lamp
- Coal Black Floor Lamp By Kelly Wearstler
This one is holding residence in my heart, but in the end, I chose this floor lamp. Mixing metals is trending hard in home decor right now, and this one ticked all the boxes. The distressed silver leaf is even better in person. And yes, you read that right, it’s silver! Not brass or gold…again pushing myself out of the norm.
In addition to lighting, Lamps Plus also stocks decorative items for the home. Everything you see styled on the dresser below — the scalloped brass framed mirror, the lady’s head flower pot (plant not included but oh so fun), and the gold coral-shaped bowl is all available on their site!
This post is sponsored by Lamps Plus. All words, thoughts, and photos are my own.